Tuesday, April 19, 2016

The Brooklyn Public Library, a national winner

Acosta, Greta


Institute of Museum and Library Services. 2016. Retrieved from: https://www.imls.gov/news-events/news-releases/ten-winners-nations-highest-museum-and-library-honor-announced


I read some great news today. My very own library, not my place of employment but my research topic and the library to which I belong in the service area, is one of ten honored by the Institute of Museum and Library Services. Join me in congratulating The Brooklyn Public Library!

I'm not at all surprised. This library has it all: a performance space, collections of ephemera and art, a recording studio, and so much more. The library is also very involved with the community from convict release programs to summer camp for kids.

1 comment: